Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Pathology In

I am cancer-free!

This has been a harrowing experience and, even though I don't have melanoma, I still feel so moved and touched by the disease.  I want to get involved in fighting it, somehow-- even if it's just donations to research a cure and preaching it far and wide about keeping your skin nice and pale.

I was really surprised to learn that my arm mole came back NORMAL. There weren't even atypical cells. That mole had been keeping me up at night because it seemed to be sliding out of it's border and had three colors. So, perhaps the lesson is you can't judge a book by its cover. Get it tested? YES. But also go into your biopsy knowing that moles can look like H-E- double hockeysticks and still be normal!

Mr. Blacky was a seborrheic keratosis, or age spot to you and me. I've never been so happy to be reminded that I'm getting as old as dirt.


2 comments:

  1. YAY! I am so happy for you! Thanks for stopping by and reading my daughter's story. I'm a new friend and will follow and keep you in my prayers to stay cancer free!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful news...so glad to know you are ok

    ReplyDelete